CHS Today

The Voice of Conifer High School

CHS Today

CHS Today

Parker Jones, Editor in Chief

Parker is Editor in Chief of the Lobo Legend, and this is her third year on staff. She has won various “Best of Colorado” awards for her lifestyle, feature, and column writing, in addition to second place in opinion writing at CSMA’s Capitol Hill Press Conference. She particularly enjoys writing feature stories and working on the design elements of the newspaper. When she isn’t in the newsroom, she enjoys reading, interior design, and annoying her cats.

All content by Parker Jones
As the sun sets over Evergreen Lake, students make their way across the ice. Whether attendees had years of ice skating experience or had never set foot on frozen water in their life, the event gave them the opportunity to test out their skating skills. “I hadn’t skated for about a year, so I tried figure skates for the first time,” freshman Paul DeStefano, one of the night’s student organizers, said. “It hurt my ankles, but I pulled through and I thought it was an overall successful night.”

Skate the Lake

Parker Jones, Editor in Chief
January 28, 2019
Off to boot camp

Off to boot camp

Parker Jones, Editor in Chief
December 18, 2018

A Movie Under the Stars

Parker Jones, Managing Editor
April 16, 2018
Copies of this banner and daily announcements alert students to the opportunity to win tickets to the Tuesday, April 11 concert at Denvers Gothic Theater.

Echosmith raffle

Parker Jones, Managing Editor
April 10, 2018

Elective Extravaganza

Parker Jones, Managing Editor
January 16, 2018
KEY Club president Brenna Nease prepares to head into the haunted house to volunteer, dressed in full vampire get-up. She helped organize and set up the event and greeted attendees on their way into the haunted house. 

Photo Courtesy of Parker Jones

A Hallway Haunting

Parker Jones, Staff Writer
November 28, 2017
A vase holding mini American flags and blue tissue paper sits in the center of one of the cafeteria tables. Student government spent time putting up red, white, and blue decorations throughout the cafeteria, in honor of the upcoming holiday. 

Photo courtesy of Katherine Ryan

Veteran Breakfast

Parker Jones, Staff Writer
November 28, 2017
Pippins music and lyrics are by Stephen Schwartz and the book is by Roger O. Hirson.

“Pippin” Pulling into Conifer

Parker Jones, Staff Writer
November 28, 2017
Freshman Chloe Malcolm and senior Ariel Thomas play off of each other’s characters in a mid-play scene. They had only weeks to prepare their characters, having to quickly memorize lines, find costumes, and practice with one another.

An Earnestly Performed Show

Parker Jones, Staff Writer
November 7, 2017
As the sun disappears, small spotlights illuminate the skeletons and their tombstones. Sounds of cracking twigs and squeaky coffin lids echo from an unseen source. The graveyard near the end of the trail held tombstones with many different inscriptions.

A Forest of Doom… in Conifer?

Parker Jones, Staff Writer
November 7, 2017
Ana Silva is a new foreign exchange student from Brazil. In her time at Conifer, she has struggled with the language, but has made new friends.

From Across the Sea to Conifer

Parker Jones, Staff Writer
February 15, 2017
Making a Comeback

Making a Comeback

Parker Jones, Staff Writer
January 26, 2017
Load More Stories

Comments (0)

Comments that are deemed to contain slurs, inappropriate language (including but not limited to profanity), or to be harmful or hurtful in nature will be deleted. Comments that are unrelated to the content they address will also be removed from the site.
All CHS Today Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest