School Bus Service Canceled in Mountain Area Through Sept. 28

Courtesy of David McBee, Prexels

West terminal busses will sit idle until September 28 following the announcement of a positive COVID case.

Due to a confirmed case of COVID-19, we are closing our west transportation terminal and stopping all bus service for our mountain area schools through Monday, September 28, 2020. We will resume bus services on Tuesday, September 29, 2020. Students who qualify because of their disability and receive specialized transportation through a 1066, will continue to receive necessary transportation services.

Tomorrow is a non-contact day for students. Beginning Monday, September 21st, there will be no bus service for students. If your student rides the bus, please make other transportation arrangements for this time period. If you cannot make other arrangements, your student can participate in remote learning during this time period. Please contact your school office about this arrangement if it is needed. Likewise, if you are selecting remote learning during this time and need food services, please contact your school office for additional supports.

All close contacts of the positive COVID-19 case have been identified and quarantined.

If your child was identified as a close contact and needs to quarantine, you will be receiving a separate letter titled, “Important COVID-19 Health Alert – Positive Case of COVID-19.”

If you do not receive the letter mentioned above, then we do not believe your child has been in close contact with the person who tested positive for COVID-19. Your child does not need to stay home and quarantine, but you should still continue to regularly monitor your child for symptoms of COVID-19.

If your child develops symptoms consistent with COVID-19:

● Follow these isolation instructions.
● Have your child tested.
● Continue to keep your child home from school and avoid other activities around other people.
● Notify the school immediately.
● Seek medical care and testing for COVID-19, calling your doctor before you show up.

If you have further questions, please contact Jeffco Public Schools COVID Resource Nurses at [email protected].

We understand the lack of transportation services may be inconvenient for some families and appreciate your patience as we navigate this challenging situation.