DECA succeeds at State

15 students advance to International competition

Amber Hall

DECA students gather to show off their awards at the conclusion of State competition at the Broadmoor Hotel in Colorado Springs. Students competed for four days, February 24 – 27.

Congratulations to the Conifer HS DECA students who competed in State over the past 4 days.

The following 15 students qualified in the top 5% of Colorado DECA students and have earned a competitive spot in the International Competition in April (last year we qualified 13 for ICDC):

• 1st place in Advertising Campaign – Sawyer Halingstad, Piper Richey & Cole Hollander
  • 1st place in Entrepreneurship – Eirik Skildheim
  • 2nd place in Sports & Entertainment Team Decision Making – Mark Studer & Cole Hollander
  • 3rd place in Innovation Plan – Hattie Dahlin, Reece Miller & David Jacobson
  • 4th place in Business Law & Ethics Team Decision Making– Alissa Searcy & Reece Miller
  • 5th place in Fashion Merchandising Promotion Plan –Rachael Long, Lena Heaney & Kelly Powers

Adam Westfall was elected to serve as the DECA State District 5 Officer for this next year.

The Chapter received overall Achievement Awards for District 5:  Most Community Service Hours and Most Money Donated.

Conifer DECA qualified 21 students for finals at State Conference this year (6 who double qualified).  50% of the State attendees were recognized on stage during awards.  Making it into the finals puts these students in the top 10% of DECA Competitors in Colorado.

Congratulations to all the additional Role Play Finalists:

• Nicole Renaud & Kelly Powers – Buying and Merchandising Team Decision Making
  • Clarke Shaffner – Automotive Services
  • Hudson McCarthy – Hotel & Lodging Management

Congratulations to all the additional Written Event Finalists

• Sports & Entertainment Promotion Plan – Mark Studer, Alissa Searcy & Nicholas Faraco-Hadlock
  • Innovation Plan – Atticus Pond, Hunter Aho & Eirik Skildheim
  • Fashion & Merchandising Promotion Plan – Hailey Janson & Merisa Trujillo