Scholly Calling

Photo by Jasmine Anderson

A student searches Scholly for financial aid to assist her in college. Scholly was an app created to promote mounds on money waiting to be won towards a college education.

With knowledge comes great responsibility, but with college comes great financial stress. It’s no secret that college is difficult to pay for, but over $100 million of financial aid goes unclaimed each year in the form of scholarships.

After discovering that so much money was being practically wasted, Christopher Gray created an app to promote the unused funds: Scholly.

Going into college himself, Christopher Gray earned $1.3 million in scholarships to pay for his education when he couldn’t. The scholarships saved him from the crippling finances the come along with college, and allowed him the create this wonderful app.

Scholly works on handheld devices and computers. Each profile is made exclusively different depending on the needs and interests of each person, and suggests scholarships based on the information of the profiles. The app itself is three dollars, but if that’s the only expense paid towards a college tuition, then it’s highly worth it.

The app suggests scholarships for everything; every background, every interest, every everything  to help students from all overpay for a further education. When a scholarship is suggested, it shows when the scholarship is due, it can be saved to a compiled list of selected scholarships, a total balance of all the possible scholarship money that could be made, and a balance of all of the scholarships obtained.

From being a U.S. citizen to being left handed, Scholly was created to help students progress into college. Any interest in college is highly recommended to be backed up with Scholly’s aide.