Congratulations to Conifer DECA students
Hang on for a minute...we're trying to find some more stories you might like.
Email This Story
Congratulations to our Conifer HS DECA students who competed in State over the past 4 days. We had an incredibly successful competition and our students were outstandingly considerate, professional and all around outstanding young people. The following students qualified in the top 5% of Colorado DECA students and have earned a competitive spot in the International Competition in April (last year we qualified 5 for ICDC, this year we more than doubled our qualifiers!):
- 1st place in Sports & Entertainment Promotion Plan – Elle Hickman, Alissa Searcy & Nicholas Faraco-Hadlock
- 2nd place in Business Law & Ethics Team Decision Making– Jake Esposito & Mia Miller
- 2nd place in Sports & Entertainment Team Decision Making – Mason Meyer & Abe Martin
- 3rd place in Personal Financial Literacy – Eirik Skildheim
- 5th place in Buying & Merchandising Team Decision Making – Piper Richey & Rachael Long
- 5th place in Food Marketing – Ryan Dean
- 6th place in Travel & Tourism Team Decision Making – Jake Borchard & Jack Maiocco
DECA State Officer Dylan Fox completed his term at this conference and Angela Giles was elected to serve as the DECA State District 5 Officer for this next year.
Our Chapter received an overall Achievement Award for our membership growth and was recognized for contributing the most community service hours among all DECA chapters in District 5.
Conifer DECA qualified 19 students for finals at State Conference this year (6 who double qualified – last year we had 6 students make finals). 55% of our State attendees were recognized on stage during awards. Making it into the finals puts you in the top 10% of DECA Competitors in Colorado.
Congratulations to all the additional Role Play Finalists:
– Nicholas Faraco-Hadlock – Business Services Marketing Series
– Samantha Briscoe & Jonathan Tyus – Buying and Merchandising Team Decision Making
– Elle Hickman – Human Resources Management Series
– Abe Martin & Mason Meyer – Sports and Entertainment Marketing Team Decision Making
– Jake Borchard & Jack Maiocco – Travel & Tourism Team Decision Making
Congratulations to all the additional Written Event Finalists
– Chapter of Excellence – Jake Esposito, Mia Miller & Lena Heaney
– Innovation Plan – Jon Tyus & Austin Brown
– Fashion & Merchandising Promotion Plan – Kendall Benton, Piper Richey & Merisa Trujillo
I am so proud of Conifer DECA for representing us so well as competitors and as considerate, mature and professional young adults. They had a long 4 days full of a lot of hard work so they may need a day or two before being back at their best in class. Thanks for your support and encouragement of our students!
Amber Hall, NBCT
Marketing & English Teacher